Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Newbie Mistakes to Avoid on Affiliate Commissions – Clickbank is Newbie and User Friendly

Unfortunately, as newbies, we may not even know the right questions to ask to reap the benefits (commissions) from our efforts. I will share the basics now and ask you to do additional homework to make sure you are guaranteed your commissions on every single affiliate sale you produce!

As you may know, I AM A NEWBIE, meaning I have not earned my first $50K online.

As a newbie, are you aware of how your commissions are recorded? In other words, do you know how to set up your link so that, when a person clicks on a product from your site, or from your E-mail message, YOU get the commission when the sale occurs? I learned the hard way.

I used my prized personal mailing list to drive traffic to my sites. I had tested all the links to make sure they worked. What was missing was the necessary id for my individual account. Instead, I was giving my clients access to the regular commercial website meaning that if a sale was made, I was left out. The product owner (Publisher) got full credit for the sale. I got nothing!

Here's part of the problem...there is no way to track these sales without your ID. But it is very easy to set up a link in your site that just takes people directly to the publisher's site - completely removing you from any possible commissions!


How to rectify this? There is always a code that identifies you, specifically, to the publisher so that you will get your commission. Be sure you can identify this code and place it in your site. It varies from affiliate company to affiliate company so, be clear on how to do this with each company.

From my experience, Clickbank is the easiest company to work with in this area. I highly recommend them. Who wants to work though all the other steps and then give up sales because they didn't put in the right id?


Be sure to do your homework and understand the specifics of each affiliate program and how to identify your unique id/code so that you get your hard-earned commissions. This is what it's all about right?


I came across an excellent article in the Clickbank newsletter. If you are not already an affiliate with them, or if you have already set up an account, this article is really informative. The link is listed in my website. You'll need to paste this into your browser http://onlineproductreviewsfornewbies.com/compose_customer_web_site.php?smmDomain=onlineproductreviewsfornewbies.com&smmConfig=B&smmPage=ClickbankReview
or just go to http://onlineproductreviewsfornewbies.com/ and click on the menu bar for Clickbank.

I hope you are utilizing your membership in the online blog at http://onlineproductreviewsfornewbies.blogspot.com/ Your input is needed!

Have a good one,Chris


No comments: